This course covers introductory and intermediate topics related to analysis and design of airframes:
Aerospace Materials and their Properties
- Lightweight Materials - Alloys and Composites
- Tensors - Stress, Strain, Invariants
- Failure Prediction
- Material Degradation - Fatigue, Corrosion, Wear
- Analysis of Composite Materials
Classical Airframe Analysis:
- Airframe Loads
- Stressed Skin Design Philosophy
- Role of Airframe Components
- Thin-walled Approximation
- Structural Idealization
- Analysis of Indeterminate Trusses
- Bending, Shear and Torsion of Complex Beams
- Detailed Stressing - Joints and Cut-outs
Structural Instability and Aeroelasticity:
- Buckling of Columns and Plates
- Stiffened Panel Analysis and Design
- Aeroelasticity - Divergence, Control Reversal and Flutter
CosmoLearning is promoting these materials solely for nonprofit educational purposes, and to recognize contributions made by University of New South Wales (UNSW) to online education. We do not host or upload any copyrighted materials, including videos hosted on video websites like YouTube*, unless with explicit permission from the author(s).
All intellectual property rights are reserved to UNSW and involved parties.
CosmoLearning is not endorsed by UNSW, and we are not affiliated
with them, unless otherwise specified. Any questions, claims or concerns
regarding this content should be directed to their creator(s).
*If any embedded videos constitute copyright infringement, we strictly recommend contacting the website hosts directly to have such videos taken down. In such an event, these videos will no longer be playable on CosmoLearning or other websites.