About The Professor
Lionel F. Laroche, Ph. D., P. Eng.
President, MCB Solutions
Over the past ten years, Lionel Laroche has provided cross-cultural training, coaching and consulting services to over 15,000 people in eight countries (Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Peru, France, Belgium, Switzerland and China). Lionel specializes in helping professionals and organizations reap the benefits of cultural differences in their work. The services he offers include:
* Helping the executive team of an existing or planned subsidiary blend successfully the working styles of the parent company with local business practices;
* Training and coaching HR professionals who experience issues related to cultural differences within their organizations;
* Training team leaders and department managers to increase the effectiveness of their culturally diverse work units;
* Building effective multicultural teams;
* Training employees of culturally diverse organizations to increase their collective effectiveness.
* Preparing expatriates for foreign assignments;
* Coaching immigrant professionals who have superior technical skills but insufficient interpersonal skills by U.S. or Canadian standards;
* Helping immigrant professionals find jobs that make use of their skills;
Lionel is a very dynamic, entertaining and educational speaker / facilitator who has presented at over 150 conferences and venues organized by a wide range of business, government, academic, professional and non-profit organizations. Recently, he was the keynote speaker at the Internationally Educated Professional Conference in Toronto. His presentations have been equally well-received by the members of business associations (Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Mexico, Canada - Peru Chamber of Commerce, Swedish Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong Canada Business Association, Rotary Club, etc.), professional associations (HRPAO, CHRP, IACMP, PEO, APEGGA, OACETT, etc.) and non-profit organizations (COSTI, PCPI, SfC, EARN, etc.)
He is the author of over 100 publications examining the impact of cultural differences on business in general and technical functions (engineering, science, and software) in particular. His publications have appeared in over 30 trade magazines published in eight countries (Canada, U.S., U.K, Netherlands, France, Mexico, Peru and Australia). He has written two books:
* Managing Cultural Diversity in Technical Professions, which has sold 2,200 copies.
* Recruiting, Retaining and Promoting Culturally Diverse Employees, which came out in December 2006.
Throughout his training, coaching and consulting practice, Lionel makes use of his 15 years of international engineering, management, sales and human resources experience working with people from over 60 countries. He has worked in eight different countries (Canada, the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, and the Netherlands,) for several multinational companies, including Xerox, Procter & Gamble, British Petroleum, and Jeumont-Schneider.
Born in France, Lionel obtained his “Diplôme d’Ingénieur Polytechnicien” from the Ecole Polytechnique de Paris, France and his Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering from the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, California, USA.
Lionel can be reached at (647) 287-6700 or [email protected]