Philosophy In Film and Other Media
Displaying all 4 video lectures.
|Introduction: "The Lady Eve"
- Movies as an art form
- Teaching as self-expression
- Philosophy in film
- How can films be philosophical?
- Savoring films, myths and mythmaking
- An overview of the semester
- Course expectations
|Applying Philosophical Analysis to Art
- Review of previous session
- Applying philosophical analysis to art
- Tree of knowledge
- Overlap between science technology and art
- Reality Transformed
- Three Philosophical Filmmakers
- Myth making
- "The Lady Eve"
- Myth of the whore/virgin
|Edward Song and David Levinson
- Edward Song
- David Levinson
- Focusing attention
- Camera work
- The nature of love
- Ideals of romantic love
- Selling out in "The Lady Eve"