This site is for physicists - to interest children in physics. The material covers topics suitable for use when visiting primary schools. A joint venture triggered by the Institute of Physics Women in Physics Group. Material is provided by a team from the University of Sheffield with EPSRC funding.
* to enthuse young children with the enjoyment and excitement of physics.
* to support the primary school teachers with the extensive Key Stage 1 and 2 science curricula involving numerous abstract concepts.
* Forces and Gravity
* Forces and Magnets
* Solids, Liquids and Gases
* Sunlight and Space Travel
* Forces and Springs
* Earth and Solar System
* Electricity Generation Part 1
* Electricity Generation Part 2
Young children love science and enjoy doing practical work, your scientific expertise will be greatly appreciated and the children will have lots of questions for you to answer. You may be surprised to find how much you enjoy it.
The Sheffield team: Professor Gillian Gehring, Professor David Mowbray, Dr Susan Cartwright, Dr Richard de Grijs, Dr David Lidzey, Ann Marks.