Prehistoric Park (2006)
Videos in this documentary
Prehistoric Park is a six-episode docu-fiction television mini-series that premiered on ITV on July 22, 2006 and on Animal Planet on October 29, 2006. The program was produced by Impossible Pictures Limited, who also created Walking with Dinosaurs. In 2007, ITV cancelled Prehistoric Park, but introduced the new show Primeval as an apparent replacement. Each episode is an hour long including commercial breaks.
The program is narrated by David Jason and presented by Nigel Marven. The fictional component is the theme that Nigel goes back to various geological time periods through a time portal, and brings back live specimens of extinct animals back to the present day, where they are exhibited in a wildlife park named Prehistoric Park, which is a big area between high steep mountains and ocean (which serve to help confine any escapes) with varied environments.
On the DVD of the series, the introduction says that "the events in these 6 episodes are largely to find the possibility of keeping animals from old geological periods alive in the modern world and later they may get breeding populations of more species".
* Episode 1: Montana, U.S.: the Andean national parks of Chile where there are plenty of Araucaria and Nothofagus trees.
* Episode 2: Siberia: the Yukon in Canada.
* Episode 3: China: Rotorua, New Zealand, in the Redwood, Ohakuri, and Tikitere forests.
* Episode 4: South America: dry grassland near Brasilia in Brazil.
* Episode 5: coal forest in Scotland: swamp forest in southern Florida, but some of the vegetation was CGI.
* Episode 6: Texas, U.S.: the freshwater lakes of Fraser Island, Australia.