A glance at the scientific findings about the fate of our planet. Narrated by Ian Stewart, a professor of mathematics at University of Warwick, United Kingdom, and a well-known popular science and science fiction writer.
The Big Question is a five-part science documentary television series broadcast in the United Kingdom on the Five channel, beginning January 2004 and continuing into 2005. In the North American market, it has been re-released on the Discovery Science network. Each half-hour episode is hosted by a renowned authority, and examines the following provocative questions:
* Part 1 - "How Did the Universe Begin?" by Stephen Hawking
* Part 2 - "How Did Life Begin?" by Harry Kroto
* Part 3 - "Why Are We Here?" by Richard Dawkins
* Part 4 - "Why Am I Me?" by Susan Greenfield
* Part 5 - "How Will It All End?" by Ian Stewart
The series has attracted controversy and criticism from creationists, as well as praise from other reviewers.