September 8, 2008
- Concurrency: Processes, Threads, and Address Spaces
- Review of History of OS
In this course, Prof. John D. Kubiatowicz gives 23 video lectures on Operating Systems and System Programming.
Topics discussed in this course are:
- Basic concepts of Operating Systems and System Programming.
- Utility Programs, Subsystems, Multiple-program Systems.
- Processes, Interprocess Communication, and Synchronization.
- Memory Allocation, Segmentation, Paging.
- Loading and Linking, Libraries.
- Resource Allocation, Scheduling, Performance Evaluation.
- File Systems, Storage Devices, I-O Systems.
- Protection, Security, and Privacy.
- UC Berkeley Webcast
- CS162 - Spring 2007
Original Course Name: Computer Science 162 - Spring 2007.