Download workbook: people.highline.edu/mgirvin/AllClasses/214_2013/214/Busn214_2013.htm
Topics in this video:
1. Excel Table feature works for Proper Data Sets (00:48 min)
2. Single cell, then keyboard to convert proper data set to Excel Table: Ctrl + T ("List" in Excel 2003 use Ctrl + L) (01:16 min)
3. TableTools, Design Ribbon Tab, Properties group, Table Name: "NoSpacesInName" (01:50 min)
5. Sorting (02:17 min)
6. Filtering (02:32 min)
7. Total Row (02:36 min) Right-click, Ribbon and Keyboard for Total Row!!!!
8. Keyboard for Total Row (3:33 min)
9. Slicer Formula Tricks (04:20 min)
10. SQUARE BRACKETS are used for Field Names in Table Formula Nomenclature (Structured References) (06:56 min)
11. Dynamic/Expandable ranges for: Formulas (07:33 min)
12. You can create formula first, then convert proper data set to Excel Table (08:01 min)
13. Or use Table Formula Nomenclature (Structured References) (09:20 min)
14. Table names and field names in square brackets (09:20 min)
15. Dynamic/Expandable ranges for: Chart (10:02 min)
16. Dynamic/Expandable ranges for: Data Validation List (12:06 min)
17. Dynamic/Expandable ranges for: VLOOKUP table (13:09 min)
18. Dynamic/Expandable ranges for: PivotTables (14:34 min)
19. Tables Names in Name Manager (16:28 min)
20. Can type formulas on different sheets. When typing formula, list of field names & other elements from table show up in a drop-down list (16:59 min)
21. Easy to read formulas (17:40 min)
22. To lock a field you can use the syntax: [[Field]:[Field]] (20:58 min)
Excel Table feature. Excel table. Excel Table Expandable Ranges, Excel Table Dynamic Ranges. Slicer Magic, Excel 2013 Slicer Table, Excel Table Filter Slicer, Slicer For Totals Row in Excel Table.
Highline Excel 2013 Class Video 08: Excel Table Formula Nomenclature / Structured References 22 Examples
This is the Highline Community College Class, Spreadsheet Construction taught by Michael Girvin: Basic To Advanced Excel. It contains 50 video lectures teaching the basics of Excel, as well as advanced concepts.
Be sure to download the workbook to follow along with the examples. They are found on the official course website.