October 16, 2009
K-T boundary in sediment
Rate of sediment addition
Sediment, biology and seafloor age
Global Distribution of Sediments
Atoms, Ions and What kind of ions will an element form
Physical States of Matter
Relationship between Heat and Temperature for H2O
Lecture Notes: Lecture 11: Sediments, seawater
In this course, Prof. Edwin Schauble gives 27 video lectures on Introduction to Oceanography. This class provides a general introduction to geological, physical, chemical, and biological processes and history of Earth's global oceanic system.
•High school science background
– Math: algebra & geometry, graphs
– Metric units
– Geography: maps, Earth's major features, longitude & latitude
– Chemistry: elements, atoms, molecules, chemical equations
– Physics: matter, density, waves, velocity, energy, gravity
– Biology: genus, species, evolution, plants & animals
Original Course Name: Earth & Space Science 15: Introduction to Oceanography.
Note: Some clips and images may have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement.