October 26, 2009
Effects of Temperature & Salinity
Physical Structure of the Oceans
Ocean Water - Layered by density: The Mixed Layer, The Pycnocline and The Deep Layer
Dissolved Gases in the Ocean
O2 and CO2 vs. Depth
The Carbonate Buffer System
The CO2 system and carbonate
Composition of the Atmosphere
Density of AirL
Lecture Notes: Lecture 13: Seawater and pH and wind.
In this course, Prof. Edwin Schauble gives 27 video lectures on Introduction to Oceanography. This class provides a general introduction to geological, physical, chemical, and biological processes and history of Earth's global oceanic system.
•High school science background
– Math: algebra & geometry, graphs
– Metric units
– Geography: maps, Earth's major features, longitude & latitude
– Chemistry: elements, atoms, molecules, chemical equations
– Physics: matter, density, waves, velocity, energy, gravity
– Biology: genus, species, evolution, plants & animals
Original Course Name: Earth & Space Science 15: Introduction to Oceanography.
Note: Some clips and images may have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement.