October 28, 2009
Composition of the Atmosphere
Density of Air
Density & temperature of Air
Expanding Air Cools and Condenses
Solar Heating of the Earth
Solar Heating & the Seasons
Redistribution of Solar Heat Energy
Atmospheric Circulation Without Rotation
Actual Atmospheric Circulation
Lab Coriolis Movies
Coriolis Effect Movies
The Coriolis Effect on Earth
The Coriolis Effect
Why do storms (including hurricanes and cyclones) go backwards?
Lecture Notes: Lecture 14: pH and wind and Wind 2
In this course, Prof. Edwin Schauble gives 27 video lectures on Introduction to Oceanography. This class provides a general introduction to geological, physical, chemical, and biological processes and history of Earth's global oceanic system.
•High school science background
– Math: algebra & geometry, graphs
– Metric units
– Geography: maps, Earth's major features, longitude & latitude
– Chemistry: elements, atoms, molecules, chemical equations
– Physics: matter, density, waves, velocity, energy, gravity
– Biology: genus, species, evolution, plants & animals
Original Course Name: Earth & Space Science 15: Introduction to Oceanography.
Note: Some clips and images may have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement.