In this lecture, the professor talked about translation operator, definition and basic properties of coherent states, time evolution and uncertainties, coherent states in the energy basis, general coherent states and time evolution, etc.
License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
More information at ocw.mit.edu/terms
More courses at ocw.mit.edu
This course by Prof. Barton Zwiebach and 8.06 Quantum Physics III cover quantum physics with applications drawn from modern physics. Topics covered in this course include the general formalism of quantum mechanics, harmonic oscillator, quantum mechanics in three-dimensions, angular momentum, spin, and addition of angular momentum.
- General Structure of Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Dynamics
- Two-state Systems
- Angular Momentum and Spin
- The Radial Equation and Operator Methods
- Addition of Angular Momentum
- Introduction to the Quantum Mechanics of Identical Particles