* Sally Benson, Director Global Climate and Energy Project
* Pamela Matson, Chester Naramore Dean of the School of Earth Sciences
* Lynn Orr, Director Precourt Institute for Energy
* Stephen Schneider, Melvin & Joan Lane Professor for Interdisciplinary Environmental Studies
* Jim Sweeney, Director Precourt Energy Efficiency Center
* Buzz Thompson, Co-Director Woods Institute for the Environment
Sustainable Energy Future: Scale, Tradeoffs, and Co-Benefits. The panelists discuss the interconnected aspects of future sustainable energy systems with a focus on the scales, tradeoffs, and co-benefits involved.
The Energy Seminar is produced by the Woods Institute and the Precourt Institute for Energy (PIE) at Stanford University. and is comprised of an interdisciplinary series of talks primarily by Stanford experts on a broad range of energy topics.
The Precourt Institute for Energy (PIE) has been established as a new independent institute at Stanford that engages in a broad-ranging, interdisciplinary program of research and education on energy -applying fundamental research to the problem of supplying energy in environmentally and economically acceptable ways, using it efficiently, and facing the behavioral, social, and policy challenges of creating new energy systems for the U.S. and the world.