Date Added: November 22, 2010
November 13, 2007 presentation by Edgar Engleman for the Stanford School of Medicine Medcast lecture series.
Edgar Engleman, MD, medical director of the Stanford Blood Center, discusses his research involving the use of a special type of white blood cell as a treatment for cancer. Engleman, who is also a professor of pathology at the Stanford School of Medicine, and his team of researchers have been interested in dendritic cells, or DCs, which can provoke an immune response in the body.
Stanford University School of Medicine:
- Is Evidence-Based Medicine a Barrier to Cost-Effective Care?
- Monoclonal Antibodies: Stanford Academia-Industry Collaboration
- The Battle of the Diets: Is Anyone Winning (At Losing?)
- The Mismeasure of Man
- New Perspectives on Menopausal Hormones and Heart Disease
- From Sickness to Health: Beethoven's Heiliger Dankgesang
- Mood Disorders Across Women's Lifecycle
- Mexican Migrant Health
- Imaging Patients with Myelopathy
- Cancer and Climate Change: Parallels in Risk Management
- The Influence of Sex/Gender on Cardiovascular Health
- Using Dendritic Cells to Create Cancer Vaccines
- Environment Degradation Begets Epidemics: Cholera in Bangladesh
- Vitamin D: It's Not Just For Bones Anymore
- The Politics and Promise of Stem Cell Research
- 21st Century Bacterial Pneumonia: Old Habits and New Approaches
- Maternal Infant Care and Challenges in East Africa
- Rebuilding Iraq's Mental Health Care System
- Cancer Biology and Cancer Medicine
- Childhood Obesity and Public Policy
- Four Big Ideas from the Carnegie Study on Medical Education
- Changes in Female Sexual Function Throughout the Lifespan
- Health Risks of Type-A Behavior
- The New Rotavirus Vaccine: The Second Time is the Charm
MEDCAST puts you in the front row at some of the leading-edge lectures at the School of Medicine. Tune in to watch Stanford faculty and other renown experts discuss the latest advances in biomedical research, patient care and other health-related fields.
More Information: http://med.stanford.edu/medcast/